top of page
Anointing of the Sick
"The special grace of the sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick has as its effects:
- the uniting of the sick person to the passion of Christ, for his own good and that of the whole Church;
- the strengthening, peace, and courage to endure in a Christian manner the sufferings of illness or old age;
- the forgiveness of sins, if the sick person was not able to obtain it through the sacrament of Penance;
- the restoration of health, if it is conducive to the salvation of his soul;
- the preparation for passing over to eternal life."
-Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1532
How to Receive
The sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick is given by request at nursing homes, hospital, or home.
Please call the Parish Office at (216) 226-7577
bottom of page